By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The Images NewsThe Images News
Aa
  • Home
  • Complete Woman
  • Culture
  • Election
  • Agriculture
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Metro News
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • Event
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • World News
Reading: Makinde blames IBADAN Explosion on illegal miners’ operation
Share
Aa
The Images NewsThe Images News
  • Election
  • Entertainment
  • Event
  • Culture
Search
  • Home
  • Complete Woman
  • Religion
  • Metro News
  • Politics
  • World News
Follow US
The Images News > Uncategorized > Makinde blames IBADAN Explosion on illegal miners’ operation
Uncategorized

Makinde blames IBADAN Explosion on illegal miners’ operation

The Editor
Last updated: 2024/01/17 at 3:30 PM
Published January 17, 2024 433 Views
Share
SHARE

Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde has attributed the Tuesday night’s explosion in IBADAN to illegal miners operating in the state .

According to reports, many persons were hospitalised following the explosion that affected a section of the Governor’s Office, Secretariat, Oyo State House of Assembly, the residence of the former Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Chief Bola Ige. Some buildings at Ologuneru, Apete, New Garage, Bashorun, Akobo, Sango and Eleyele.

The Governor said preliminary investigation revealed that the illegal miners had stored explosive devices in one of the houses which caused the explosion.

In a statement after visiting the site and other hospitals where the injured are receiving treatment, the Governor also confirmed that two people have died while 77 were injured and being treated in public and private hospitals around.

Makinde said: “Preliminary investigations by the security agencies revealed that illegal miners occupying one of the houses in Bodija had stored explosive devices there which caused the blast. The investigations are ongoing. All those found culpable for this will be brought to book.”

The Governor also promised that the state government would offset the hospital Bills of those that were injured and also directed all Hotels to accommodate those who have been displaced as a result of the blast.

His statement read: “We visited the scene of the explosion which occurred at about 7.44 pm yesterday, 16 January 2024 in Bodija, Ibadan. This unfortunate incident resulted in death and injury to residents in the vicinity and also affected properties.

“We have already deployed first responders and all relevant agencies within Oyo State to carry out comprehensive search and rescue operations. These operations will continue throughout the night.

“Earth moving equipment, ambulances, emergency lights, and security were deployed to the scene of the incident. The wounded and injured are being treated and moved to public and private hospitals within Ibadan.

“Medical personnel are on standby at these hospitals to provide all needed assistance to the injured. We have visited UCH to see some of those injured during the incident. In total, we have 77 injured victims so far, most of whom were treated and discharged and 2 fatalities. May their souls rest in peace and may God give their loved ones the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.

“I have directed that the medical bills of all victims be covered by the government. We will also be providing temporary accommodation for those whose houses were affected and ensuring that they are supported to rebuild their lives.”

The Governor urged all residents to “please call 615 for any emergencies they may be experiencing at this time and to remain calm and stay away from the immediate scene of the incident to allow rescue operations to be carried out without interference.

“We are grateful to the first responders, security personnel and all those who are at the scene to assist with the rescue operations as well as the medical personnel taking care of the injured. Please say a prayer for those who have been affected by this disaster as we continue with the rescue operations,” he added

You Might Also Like

NUJ Congress Commends Ondo Govt’s Road Projects, Seeks Faster Completion of Ongoing Works

Aiyetoro on Brink of Extinction as Ocean Surge Swallows 80% of Community

July 30, 2026

NUJ, NAWOJ Set to Treat Journalists’ Children to Fun-Filled End-of-Session Party

CBN revokes licences of 46 microfinance banks over regulatory breaches 

The Editor January 17, 2024
Share this Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
Share
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Popular News
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
The Matter

NN Conducts Free Medical Outreach for Over 2,000 Residents in Ondo

The Editor The Editor December 5, 2024
Osun NSCDC, Correctional Centre strengthen ties to guard inmates
Septuagenarian, grand-children roasted in midnight inferno
HURRICANE BTO DEPLETES PDP IN AKOKO NORTH
Makinde blames IBADAN Explosion on illegal miners’ operation
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Connect with us

Hot News
Osun Decides: Adeleke wins with 66,252 Votes
Miracle Rescue: Woman Survives 36 Hours Beneath Colombia Earthquake Rubble
IFAD LIFE -ND Project Begins Digital Screening /Recruitment of New Incubatees in Ondo
TMC, ADSN Urge Couples to Build Ideal Muslim Homes Through Faith, Counselling
Faith, Honour and Service Take Centre Stage as Akure North FOMWAN Holds Maiden Get-Together

About US

A unique medium, working in a unique way, voicing for the voiceless as a way of empowering people. Our hardworking team brings news for you and provide the best medium. Our support is the best for everyone and client. It is not an overstatement seeking for more informative news from the pages of our juicy blog.
Top Categories
  • Home
  • Complete Woman
  • Religion
  • Metro News
  • Politics
  • World News

Subscribe US

The Images NewsThe Images News

© TheimagesNews. All Rights Reserved.- D2GLOBAL

Removed from reading list

Undo
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?