By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The Images NewsThe Images News
Aa
  • Home
  • Complete Woman
  • Culture
  • Election
  • Agriculture
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Metro News
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • Event
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • World News
Reading: Labour walks out of meeting with FG, NLC
Share
Aa
The Images NewsThe Images News
  • Election
  • Entertainment
  • Event
  • Culture
Search
  • Home
  • Complete Woman
  • Religion
  • Metro News
  • Politics
  • World News
Follow US
The Images News > Uncategorized > Labour walks out of meeting with FG, NLC
Uncategorized

Labour walks out of meeting with FG, NLC

The Editor
Last updated: 2023/07/28 at 7:49 PM
Published July 28, 2023 655 Views
Share
SHARE

The resumed meeting of the Presidential Steering Committee on Subsidy Palliatives, which was scheduled to hold Friday ended badly as the Labour team walked out over alleged lack of readiness of government’s team.
The committee at the end of its meeting last Wednesday agreed to meet again two days later to receive briefings from three subcommittees.

The Nigerian Labour Congress’ (NLC) delegation, led by its President, Joe Ajaero, arrived the Chief of Staff’s Conference Room arouns 5pm but left soon into the proceedings of the meeting, citing the absence of those to to brief.

The Labour team accused the Federal Government of using the meetings as a pretext to deceive Nigerians, claiming that government officials,who are members the subcommittees were nowhere to be found.

A source at the meeting confirmed that three subcommittees, the Mass Transit, the Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and Cash transfer subcommittees, were supposed to be present to brief the Steering Committee on the measures put in place to cushion the effect of the fuel subsidy removal on the workers.

A member of the Labour team, who spoke in confidence to journalists, said government was not prepared for the meeting, adding that they (government’s representatives) were insisting the meeting should proceed even though no quorum was formed.

“They are not prepared for the meeting. That’s the truth.

“They are using cover to deceive Nigerians. There are supposed to be three subcommittees, mass transit subcommittee, the CNG, and the cash transfer, to brief us, the steering committee but government was not prepared for the meeting.

“In their introductory remarks they made excuses and they wanted the meeting to continue, the meeting did not form a quorum. We are a people that operate on the basis of process. So, if there’s no quorum in a meeting what do you do? You will adjourn for lack of quorum.

“There was nobody to meet with. The Chief of Staff was not there, they are taking us like small children,” the source said.

However, it was gathered that the Chief of Staff, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, had earlier waited for the labour delegation with other members of the team at his Conference Hall.

He latter stepped out to attend to other official matters within the Villa while other members of the government team were waiting for the organised labour to arrive

It was gathered that the organised labour delegation from the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC and the Trade Union Congress, TUC, was delayed at the State House entrance gate otherwise known as Mopol gate for clearance.

You Might Also Like

NUJ Congress Commends Ondo Govt’s Road Projects, Seeks Faster Completion of Ongoing Works

Aiyetoro on Brink of Extinction as Ocean Surge Swallows 80% of Community

July 30, 2026

NUJ, NAWOJ Set to Treat Journalists’ Children to Fun-Filled End-of-Session Party

CBN revokes licences of 46 microfinance banks over regulatory breaches 

The Editor July 28, 2023
Share this Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
Share
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Popular News
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Uncategorized

ASUSS kicks against plan to merge NSSEC with Ministry of Education

The Editor The Editor April 5, 2024
Chief Adejo Bags Ooni’s Recognition, Clinches Akoni Oodua Agbeparapo Leadership Award
Shelve planned warning strike, FG begs Labour
Human Papilloma Virus: Experts call for sustainable public sensitization
FGN declares state of emergency in Rivers, suspends Fubara, deputy, house of assembly
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Connect with us

Hot News
Osun Decides: Adeleke wins with 66,252 Votes
Miracle Rescue: Woman Survives 36 Hours Beneath Colombia Earthquake Rubble
IFAD LIFE -ND Project Begins Digital Screening /Recruitment of New Incubatees in Ondo
TMC, ADSN Urge Couples to Build Ideal Muslim Homes Through Faith, Counselling
Faith, Honour and Service Take Centre Stage as Akure North FOMWAN Holds Maiden Get-Together

About US

A unique medium, working in a unique way, voicing for the voiceless as a way of empowering people. Our hardworking team brings news for you and provide the best medium. Our support is the best for everyone and client. It is not an overstatement seeking for more informative news from the pages of our juicy blog.
Top Categories
  • Home
  • Complete Woman
  • Religion
  • Metro News
  • Politics
  • World News

Subscribe US

The Images NewsThe Images News

© TheimagesNews. All Rights Reserved.- D2GLOBAL

Removed from reading list

Undo
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?