By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The Images NewsThe Images News
Aa
  • Home
  • Complete Woman
  • Culture
  • Election
  • Agriculture
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Metro News
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • Event
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • World News
Reading: FG targets N1.25tn revenue from wheat production
Share
Aa
The Images NewsThe Images News
  • Election
  • Entertainment
  • Event
  • Culture
Search
  • Home
  • Complete Woman
  • Religion
  • Metro News
  • Politics
  • World News
Follow US
The Images News > Election > Agriculture > FG targets N1.25tn revenue from wheat production
Agriculture

FG targets N1.25tn revenue from wheat production

The Editor
Last updated: 2025/01/22 at 7:57 PM
Published January 22, 2025 324 Views
Share
SHARE

FG targets N1.25tn revenue from wheat production

 

The Federal Government has proposed to generate N1.25 trillion from wheat production in 2025.

The goal is part of the ongoing National Agricultural Growth Scheme and Agro-pocket Project, a platform aimed at increasing food security through the distribution of subsidised agricultural inputs to registered farmers nationwide.

The National Project Coordinator of NAGS-AP, Ishaku Buba, disclosed this on Wednesday in Abuja at a workshop with media practitioners themed “Building Partnerships with the Media for Food Security”.

He said the wheat production programme for the 2024/2025 dry season had been launched across 16 wheat-producing states, with a target of reaching 280,000 farmers.

He noted that over 279,000 farmers have already been reached, with an estimated yield of 837,891 metric tons.

“We are looking at a significant boost in wheat production, and the expected output will generate revenue exceeding N1.25 trillion,” Buba stated.

This initiative follows a robust distribution model involving 409 redemption centers and a network of agro-dealers in the selected states.

Buba noted that 647,500 farmers have registered on the platform to date, and more than 628,000 have received inputs for various crops, including wheat and rice.

The programme is also set to expand, with additional farmers benefiting from both dry and wet season support across Nigeria.

“We are on track to meet our targets, and the NAGS-AP framework, backed by ICT, will ensure seamless implementation and accountability,” Buba said.

He said the initiative has already seen success in the 2023/2024 dry season, with the wheat production programme achieving a nearly 97 per cent success rate, delivering agricultural support to over 118,000 farmers in 15 states.

“The impact has been promising, and we are now preparing for the next phase of wheat production,” Buba added.

The Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security, Dr. Marcus Ogunbiyi, emphasised the importance of a strong partnership between the Ministry and the media in achieving food security.

Ogunbiyi highlighted that the ministry’s mandate aligns with the Renewed Hope Agenda of President Bola Tinubu, which focuses on promoting agricultural development, improving food security, creating jobs, and enhancing the livelihoods of farmers.

“The press has significant power to change negative narratives. I encourage you to use this power to sensitize Nigerians and encourage them to take a renewed interest in agriculture. Together, we can feed ourselves and develop our nation,” he said.

He further urged the media to support the Ministry’s efforts by educating farmers on various farming methods, farm inputs, and agricultural practices to boost productivity.

“Through your constructive engagements with the Ministry, you will be in a unique position to educate farmers on methodologies, inputs availability, and how these can be accessed to improve their yield,” he stated.

In his address, the Director of the Department of Information, Dr. Joel Oruché, emphasised the need for stronger collaboration, especially given the current administration’s focus on food security.

He said, “Your duty is to continuously educate the public on the policies, programs, and activities of the Ministry that impact farmers, especially smallholder farmers who rely on your ability to inform them on methodologies, input availability, and application techniques.”

You Might Also Like

Ondo Agriculture Set for Leap as OSAEC, AUDA-NEPAD Seal Strategic Collaboration Path

L-PRES Midterm Check: Ondo, Ekiti, Edo Under Spotlight

Farmers proffer solutions to Nigeria’s $10bn post-harvest losses

Adiye Irorun: Ondo Set to Install Hatchery Incubator Facility

“Silent Warriors Rise”: Monilari Crowned Akoni Oodua, Champions Farmers as Nation Builders

The Editor January 22, 2025
Share this Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
Share
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Popular News
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Complete Woman

Oore of Otun-Ekiti Throws Weight Behind SWS on Development

The Editor The Editor February 10, 2026
Inisa: Don’t impose Chief Imam, cleric urges Adeleke
2023 IWD: SWS urges women to embrace digital innovation, technology for better World
Ondo NUJ Begins Press Week with Thanksgiving Service Tomorrow
IET/DIN, FOMWAN Trained 650 Southwest Muslims on Shariah Intelligence.
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Connect with us

Hot News
Nigeria, Italy seal $15bn deal to boost education financing
Tinubu appoints 39-year-old Prof Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
CBN retains key rates, backs gradual return to disinflation
2026 National Children’s Day: Ondo Govt Seeks Stronger Collaboration on Child Welfare
NAFDAC destroys ₦1.8b fake, unwholesome products

About US

A unique medium, working in a unique way, voicing for the voiceless as a way of empowering people. Our hardworking team brings news for you and provide the best medium. Our support is the best for everyone and client. It is not an overstatement seeking for more informative news from the pages of our juicy blog.
Top Categories
  • Home
  • Complete Woman
  • Religion
  • Metro News
  • Politics
  • World News

Subscribe US

The Images NewsThe Images News

© TheimagesNews. All Rights Reserved.- D2GLOBAL

Removed from reading list

Undo
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?